Thursday, September 9, 2010

Tomatoe Rotini Soup - A favortie of my family!


The crockpot is filled up and now I can smell Tomatoe Rotini soup cooking all day.  It will taste so good after the youth football game tonight.
I got this recipe from one of those little Betty Crocker books you get by the checkout at the grocery store and then did some tweeking, I'm real good at tweeking and dumping in this and that! Ha!  But try this recipe, I guarentee your family will love it.

Tomatoe Rotini Soup
4 c chicken broth
4 c. tomatoe juice (I use spicy tomatoe juice, fareway has it)
1 Tbsp. dried basil
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp.pepper
2 carrot, choppped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 c sliced mushrooms
2 garlic cloves
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 lb. Italian sausage, browned (I put it in the food chopper after cooking it, to get it fine)
1 1/2c Rotini
Shredded parmesan cheese to garnish with

Put everything in crockpot except Rotini and cheese.  I put in chopped Zuchinni also.
Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours
Stir in pasta and increase heat to high.  Cover and cook 20 minutes or until past is tender.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

I serve with warm french bread.  I bought a loaf from the new Country Market yesterday.  I wrap it in foil and warm it up in the oven.

I guarantee you, they will love it.
Today I made 1 1/2 times the recipe, so I used the whole can of tomatoe juice and 2 lb. of Italian sausage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

It's a Sweet Week! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice