Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Quick Beef Bourguignonne


If it's good, it's gone!  And that it was, before I could even take a photo for the blog, sorry.  My kitchen smelled so good while it was cooking!  It was yummy.  Here's the recipe;

1 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 1/2 lbs. sirloin steak, cut into 1 inches pieces
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 (8oz) package fresh sliced mushrooms
1 pkg. frozen pearl onions  ( I just chopped some onion up)
2 cups, Red Wine
1 can condensed golden mushroon soup


1.In large skillet, heat oil ( I used about 1 1/2 TBsp because I upped the meat)
Sprinkle the steak with salt and pepper.  (I bought about 2.5 lbs steak)
Cook steak, about 8 minutes (less for less meat) or until browned.
Remove meat with slotted spoon.
2. Add mushrooms and onions to pan, cook about 5 minutes
Add Red wine, bring to boil and then reduce heat simmering 6 minutes of until liquid reduces about 50%
3. Increase heat to medium-high, add soup, bring to boil.  Add steak and any juices from bowl.  Cook, stirring until bubbyly.

I served over mashed potatoes and with a dinner roll.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

It's a Sweet Week! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice